peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

Good morning, the The security indicator light on my Altima

Customer Question

Good morning, the The security indicator light on my Altima 09 it's ON solid. The car it's running now and I dont want to turn it off, I think
it's not going to start again if I do it.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: what could it be?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: no, I dont have a code yet
JA: OK! The Nissan Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: not, nothing else important I think
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. This can be due to a fault with the key itself as the immobilizer may not be reading it properly after the engine has been started and it may disable the system from starting again once it is turned off.I have also seen an issue with the immobilizer itself that reads the key that can be at fault internally needing replaced.What will have to be done here unfortunately is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a fully compatible scan tool that can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.There is a chance it may not start up again after it is turned off but the codes will have to be checked to pinpoint the fault here then repaired from there. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete