Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I am in park here and gearshift is stuck cannot move it JA:

Customer Question

I am in park here and gearshift is stuck cannot move it
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Not sure what else to say. I can start the car but I cannot move the gearshift out of park
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I just want to get the car out of reverse to get out of the parking space and move on
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sorry get the car out of park into reverse
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: I've tried engaging the brake pedal them away and I've tried without the brake pedal being engaged
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.
May I have the year and model of this vehicle?