Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I HAVE A 2010 NISSAN FRONTIER, I AM TRYING TO LOCATE THE

Customer Question
ECM/ECU RELAY JA: How many miles...
I HAVE A 2010 NISSAN FRONTIER, I AM TRYING TO LOCATE THE ECM/ECU RELAY
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 200K, JUST DIED
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: TRUCK STALLED OUT, WILL CRANK, FUEL PUMP IS KICKING ON, BUT WILL NOT START
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: NOT MUCH, CONFIRMED FUEL PUMP IS COMING ON AND HAVE LOOKED AT TROUBLE SHOOTING SITES. SEEMS TO FFIT THE ECU/ECM RELAY PROBLEM
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: I LOVE MY TRUCK, TAKE GOOD CARE OF IT, HIGH MILEAGE
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
5/19/2016
Nissan Mechanic: internal88, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
internal88
internal88, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, I'm Matt - Nissan tech.The relay is plugged in the IPDM.click on the link for picture.Please rate me positive, thank you!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
that is not what my ipdm looks like
which engine do you have 4 or 6 cylinders?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
6 cylinder
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
where is the fog lamp relay and the ecu relay located
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
nope it was the previous one you sent me, it is just not labeled with relays
sorry, I don't have the diagram. I will opt out and let other tech help you out. Don't rate me.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok thanks
Nissan Mechanic: Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems replied 1 year ago
Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Hi , my name is ***** ***** to hear about your car problem , please Check out this link and see if that helps you http://www.thenewx.org/forum/747747-post46.html. hope that helps .Those ipdm are expensive unfortunately but if you have the tech skills that link repair seems to match your condtion.If that don't work let me know I can dig a little deeper. Thanks
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My original question was and still is, where is the ecu relay or identify the relays that are in the IPDM
HI, Hope I was helpful to you . A 5 STAR POSITIVE RATING IS APPRECIATED .Thank you . If you need additional help please let us know .
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Your year has the Updated Black IPDM. So the Ecm relay swapping with the Fog Light relay won't work on your issue. Do you happen to know if you have any codes?
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician