sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I went to start it again after just turning it off and it won't

Customer Question

I went to start it again after just turning it off and it won't come on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It has had the problem before and I got it fixed last summer and it hasn't done it since then, but now it just did it, and I'm curious as to why
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I don't have any money to pay anyone to fix it
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? The Nissan Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I've just tried starting it over and over
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Um honestly I'm uncertain, like what else should they know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many possible causes for a no start condition, especially depending on what it's actually doing. You may simply have a dead battery, you oudl have a failed starter or ignition switch, if it does crank but not start then you are most likely missing spark or fuel pressure.What year and model is the vehicle?Can you explain exactly what symptoms you're having?