Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Hiw do i reprogram my overdrive button on my 2006 nissan pathfinder?

Customer Question
I watcged a youtube video...
Hiw do i reprogram my overdrive button on my 2006 nissan pathfinder? I watcged a youtube video but its done in a sentra. However when i fillowed instructions i got the blinking response if the overdrive light. It did the one blink then 10 blinks the one blink and 7 then one andn10 and continued sequences of 1 & 10 and never stopped until i put car back into park but then it still didnt work
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Instructions were turn car to on then mive shifter to drive tap the OD button once then twice then hikd it in and turn car to off for one one thousand two one thousand then back to on and moved the shufter ti second gear and pushed button in out in out tspped gas peddle once then put tge shifter into 1st and pushed button three times then tspped gas peddle and wala light displayed and did blinking sequences but it didnt di the trick. I tried four times
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Yes fix myself
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
5/3/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Was there a repair that was done prior to cause this programming to be needed?Is the overdrive light flashing while driving?Are there trouble codes stored?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry I got sick after I paid for ur response. I'm better now. Yes I had my friend replace my radiator and after that the OD and horn didn't work. He put in a fuse for horn and that fixed that problem but he couldn't figure out why the ID won't work. He then pulled a whole fuse box shutting down my computer and I had to get that reprogrammed not my lowbeams don't work, my side mirrors don't move w buttons and he broke my AC pump clutch or something like that so my AC doesn't work either. It's a classic lesson on using a non pro to save money is not always the best choice because now I'm dumping money into things that worked before he changed radiator. I'm working w another mechanic in the low beam problem now. But still need my OD back on.
To answer questions no it doesn't blink while I drive or anytime accept when I tried to reprogram it.
Is is the transmission overdrive does not work or the button you use to disable it does not work?When its time for it to shift into overdrive does it attempt to or does it go to neutral or does it not even attempt a shift to overdrive?
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician