Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Alarm stay on and car won't start. Left key in on acc. over

Customer Question
Alarm stay on and car...
Alarm stay on and car won't start. Left key in on acc. over night and now alarm won't go off.
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: How do we get it to shut off. We found a switch, but we want to make sure it's the right one. The battery went dead and we recharged it, but the engine will not kick over without the alarm going off.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked doors and trunk. Changed battery the remote door lock, which I don't use. We tried a deactivated switch, that didn't work.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Can't find any fuses, no mater what we do it will not let us start the car.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
5/1/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can I get the year, make, model?Is this an OEM anti theft alarm or an aftermarket add on?Will the engine at least crank?With the key in the run position is the theft/security light solid or flashing?
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician