K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician, Associates Degree in Automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade
68360881

1997 Nissan truck turns over but will not start JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

1997 Nissan truck turns over but will not start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 1997 Nissan truck it will turn over but will not start
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: looked everything over but do not have an idea what is the problem (my son in Iowa)
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, one quick test you can do to see if it's a fuel delivery issue is to spray some starting fluid into the air intake. Let me know how that goes and we can work further.
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I was just wanting to follow up and see how things went.