Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Maxima: I have 04 Nissan maxima it cranks but will not start

Customer Question
I have 04 Nissan maxima...
I have 04 Nissan maxima it cranks but will not start it has injector pulse for about two seconds and then goes away when injector pulse stops it stop firing cranking over I got 50pounds of fuel pressure
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/28/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Where did you buy the sensors you installed and do you have any current codes? Also did you have past codes before you changed the sensors? Let me know
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Had no past code have no codes now sensors came from auto zone
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So what you think I need to do next
I have a bunch of thoughts. First I can say after market sensors never work right. If you didn't have any codes, I would put the original sensors back in. Then unplug Bank 2 Cam Sensor and see if the engine starts and idle with that Cam Sensor unplugged. If it doesn't, then plug it back in and unplug bank 1 Cam Sensor and see if it starts and idles. This is only a test, do do not drive it if it starts and runs. Let me know what happens..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It still want start after unplugging the sensors
You did one at a time?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes
When you turn the key to the ON position, does the engine fans come on? Did you have any codes before you put the sensors in?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fans does not comes on when I turn the switch on no codes before I put the sensors in
Do you have a scanner that can monitor intake timing readings?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes ido
Can you turn the engine over an tell me what the intake timing readings are for bank 1 and bank 2? Do they fluctuate while the engine is turning over?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Every time i crank the engine over my computer goes out I gotta see what's going on with that
That could be part of the problem. If you loose communication that would explain why you only get something for a second.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Intake timing bank 1. 12 go to 9. Bank 2. 15 goes to. O every time I turn the switch off and retry I get a different reading
Thank you.. It sounds like you may have a sprocket issue causing the vehicle not to start. I would have this double checked to verify. That sprocket operation would make it act like the timing is off, which would keep the car from starting. Seen it before. Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If that's the case want my compression be low
not at all.. Compression is not affected. The sprockets operation are to oscillate back and forth. If they do not oscillate or are stuck, it would act like it's out of time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK what I need to do next
I would have the timing sprockets checked to see if the front timing cover would need to be removed to replace them. that is what I would be checking with no codes.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
So saying it out of time
yes, it would be like it's out of time. If you physically look at all the timing chain alignments, it would look correct, but since the sprockets oscillate, if they don't operate properly it would be like it's out of time.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How would you actually tell whether its oscillate or not
You need to use a Oscilloscope to monitor that. Then compare the two readings
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician