Matt C.
Matt C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician
64275627

Im pushing the break and hitting the button but it won't turn

Customer Question

Im pushing the break and hitting the button but it won't turn over
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It's not dead, all my lights come on, it said I have 35 mil ti I run out of gas, idk
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I would like to try
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Matt C. replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am sorry for the delay, I would like to see if I could help you with this. First, can you tell me the year, model and engine size? Secondly, can you tell me if the brake lights come on when you hit the brake pedal?
Expert:  Matt C. replied 1 year ago.
If your brake lights do not turn on when the brake pedal is depressed you will need a new brake switch. If the brake lights do come on, make sure the battery in the key fob is still OK. If that all checks OK, your most likely failure is the "steering lock control unit". This has been a very common problem (I have changed dozens of these units) and can be a costly repair. Nissan has extended the warranty coverage on these units so a call to your local dealer may be in order if this is the case.