Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Nissan Micra: , I have automatic Nissan micra that was

Customer Question
Hello, I have automatic Nissan micra...
I have automatic Nissan micra that was purchased brand new in 2010 from Europe (the model out at the time). The car has been serviced regularly and had no issues until a year ago.
Currently, the car jerks when I accelerate, it struggles to change gears from 1 – 3, it moves slowly between 40km/hr – 80km/hr with lots of effort. The car ascends upward slopes on the road with so much effort and sometimes acts like it will soon go off. The fuel consumption has seriously increased. Since all these started happening, the engine light has remained on (signifying there is a problem). I have taken to car to various auto mechanics here in Nigeria (including Nissan franchisers) but no one seems to have a solution to the problem.
For the past three days, the front tyres of the car keep shaking while the car is in motion.
Kindly guide me on the problems and solutions.
Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/17/2016
Nissan Mechanic: sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!There are many things that can cause a lack of power. It may be a fuel delivery issue, an exhaust restriction, an inaccurate sensor, or the engine may be in limp in. There are many things such as electronic throttle control issues or incorrect cam/crank sync that will cause the engine controller to purposely derate power.Do you know what fault codes are setting?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello,Thanks for the feedback.I don't understand your question on code setting and other things you mentioned in your emai. However, I do not think it's a fuel delivery issue.Thanks.
Why do you believe it isn't a fuel delivery issue?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fuel system was 'checked' and nothing of concern was discovered. There is usually adequate fuel in the car (at least 3/4 tank full). I am not sure if this means anything.Could you please explain you initial response? I did not understand what you said.Thanks.
Fault codes set in a module when it sees a problem in a monitored system or component. Your engine light is on because a fault code has set. The first step in diagnosing the problem is connecting a scan tool to the data link connector under the dash and seeing what fault codes have set.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok. I will search for other auto repairers with a working scan tool with the hope of getting adequate solution. Most of the places I have visited have scan tools but are unable to diagnose the problem.
Any shop will have a scan tool but not all technicians will have the capability to diagnose the issue. Do you know what P codes are setting?
sprinkles08
sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician