peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing vehicles.
14928985

I have a 2009 Nissan Rogue and after driving about 2miles

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Nissan Rogue and after driving about 2miles AWD LOCK LIGHT comes on on the dash I have no codes but I noticed that my cluster displays -22degF. Not sure if that's a problem. If hi look at outside temperature data it reads -40degF I remove the cluster and put a 2K resistor across pins 19 & 20 & it changes outside temperature to 63degF on the scanner but the cluster still displays -22degF. I don't know if this will cause the all-wheel drive to act like that
Category: Nissan
Expert:  peterpete190 replied 1 year ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. it is possible the outside temp sensor is the cause here needing replaced.I have seen this sensor fail on several models in the past before that can cause other electronics to act up when it does fail.If you have not had this sensor replaced or checked this needs done first.If this does not correct this issue then the fault codes need read out with a fully compatible scan tool plugged into your vehicle to see what codes are set then from there the codes diagnosed and repaired. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete