Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years of automotive Repair
7276279

Canister purge valve from a 2003 ford windstar start humming

Customer Question

canister purge valve from a 2003 ford windstar start humming after been replaced, humming noise is off if I TAKE THE FUEL CAP OFF
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I did have a PO455 code in my windstar, {air leak] , mechanic replaced purge valve for new one, now the new one is making the humming noise, that can go if you take the gas cap off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for you question,Try disconnecting the canister purge solenoid and recheck. It is normal on these models for the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) to command the purge solenoid on even at idle, but in some cases the purge valve makes an abnormal humming noise. If disconnecting the valve makes the noise go away, suspect a faulty canister purge solenoid even though its new. The common cause for the code P0455 is in most cases caused by a leaking canister purge valve