Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Frontier: What is the correct way to bench bleed a master cylinder

Customer Question
What is the correct way...
What is the correct way to bench bleed a master cylinder for a 2007 Frontier SE 4x4 4liter v-6? I followed directions that came with the unit, but I have no pedal.
Also, is there a trick to bleeding the wheel cylinders, since the truck has abs?
I have worked on my cars for 40 years, mostly with success, but this one baffles me. Thanks for your help!
Mike Slagter
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/13/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. It may not be a bench bleeding issue you are dealing with. It could be that you are not bleeding the wheels in the right order since you have ABS. Click the link below for the proper sequence on how to bleed your brakes and let me know how you make out. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/bleed%20brakes%20with%20ABS.jpg
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician