Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your

Customer Question
hi JA: Thanks. Can you give...
hi
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: yes, i have a problem of communication with 2008 nissan navara
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: when i scan the car, ABS, 4WD, TCM, and ECM those not communicate
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/13/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. What type of scanner are you used? Also can you perform CAN diagnostics?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
am using AUTEL MaxiSys
i tried CAN diagnostics, it was not supported on this car. then i did it with the multi-meter, and all was ok
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1 more information, the DPF light stay on and the car does not accelerate more than 2000rpm
We need to perform what they call CAN diagnostics. This does a system call on all control units. The only thing that all of those control units have in common is the IPDM. So if that control unit fails, it could affect the operation of many other control units. Are you a shop?
Please respond here and do not open any additional questions to respond. You may absorb additional charges doing that. You need to do CAN diagnostics to really determine direction of repair when you have control unit communication issues. If you do not have a scanner that can perform it, then there is really no way to determine the cause of the communication.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my scan tool does CAN Diagnosis but i don't understand what is happening on this car.
i have check the CAN line with multi-meter and all pass well. is the any control unit that manage the CAN system?
You really can't use a multi meter yet on the CAN system until you determine the cause. When you have that many control units not communicating, one can knock them all out. So what I would normally do as a starting point is unplug all control units accept the IPDM and ECM. Then I would a communication check. If they read and communicate, then I would turn the car off, plug one more control unit and recheck with the scanner. So I would do one by one until you plug one in that knocks them all out. That would be the control unit to replace or to check. Understand? Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
hello Jay
i did what u said but still no communication, i change the BCM and IPDM but still same.
the BCM and Meter complain of CAN bus communication. am really confuse about this, pls i really need a help
Did you unplug control units like I said to see if you can get systems to come online?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yes i did so, but still no communication with any of them
Then focus at one at a time. Like the Bcm. If that is not communicating you will need to do a terminal reference check to make sure it has all it's power sources and grounds.
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician