Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My Nissan pathfinder jerking when running, I had changed fuel

Customer Question
filter, engine oil filter, air...
my Nissan pathfinder jerking when running, I had changed fuel filter, engine oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, spark plug lead and control valve, it's still the same especially slow down, the engine stop dead.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: yes.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/10/2016
Nissan Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 year ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confidentwe can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skilllevel. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies toget to satisfactory results. Please be patient!I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it. This actually sounds like a bad crank sensor, so you should test it with a scan tool and a scope to verify it. Scan data will be very helpful right now too.Thanks, Ron
rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor