Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

04 titan security light on truck will not crank has new battery

Customer Question

JA: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue. How old is the battery?
Customer: New just bought it yestetday
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
HI there,Is the security light on solid when you turn the key on?It will crank and not start or no cranking at all?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes light is on solid and it will not crank at all
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Do you get any clicking or anything when you try to start it? From the starter area?The engine should crank even though the light is on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing, no noise with turning the key. Dash lights come on but no gauge readings just the security light.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Does the check engine light come on like it should?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the only light is the security
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
OkDo you have power to all the other things? Radio, windows door locks and what not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes getting power but none of the readings are showing on the dash
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
OkFirst, like to have you check fuse #53 in the IPDM. This is the large fuse and relay center under the hood on the passenger side of the truck. I am sending a diagram of the fuses location in the box.If this fuse is good, let me know. There could be a bad fusible link, we can check that next.If the ecm is not coming on, the truck won't crank at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok i am at work now. I will let you know tomorrow about the fuse.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good.