Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My name is ***** ***** have a 2003 sentra it try to start for

Customer Question
a second when you first...
my name is ***** ***** have a 2003 sentra it try to start for a second when you first start messing with it then no negative pulse to coils took it to dealer was told needs engine compression is good no slack in timing chain don't no how they made there determination
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: came to me with no start did some checks found no spark not getting trigger to coils from computer checked all pos and grounds tried new computer then took to dealer get second opinion he said he could take the bolt out of cam sensor and twist it and it would try to start but it acts like it mite start the first time you try it then just spins over
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/7/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
Hey there thanks for the question. Is this sentra the 2.5L ?? If so have you scoped the cam and crank sensors to see if they are in spec on the wave signal?
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician