Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My 95 pathfinder brakes work some time and the it all of a

Customer Question
sudden goes to the...
my 95 pathfinder brakes work some time and the it all of a sudden goes to the floor when I try to deliver mail. I have changed rear cylinders new master cylinder and bleed the brake. when I do they become firm but after about three days the pedal goes to the floor to the point were it want stop
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: brakes pedal seem to be soft and not really firm like it should be after replacing the parts and bleeding the system.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Nissan Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $20 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/7/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Have you noticed if the fluid level is getting low on the master cylinder? Also did you bench bleed the master cylinder before installing?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The fluid level is high and I did bench bleed the master cylinder
How many times have you gone around and bleed the brakes? did you check the front caliper slide pins to see if they are not stuck?
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician