Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Have have an '01 pathfinder that the ECM went bad 4 yrs ago.

Customer Question

have have an '01 pathfinder that the ECM went bad 4 yrs ago. Replaced with a used wrong yr ECM that runs the car fine but Check Eng light on constantly. Moved to a county that requires emission testing and it won't pass. Replaced the ECM with a used part that worked for a hr then same code. P1105. Dealer recommends replacing Map/baro sensor then try with Correct ECM. I don't want to ruin an expensive part on trial and error basis. Any ideas?
JA: Would you mind explaining that?
Customer: Dealer says if that sensor isn't the problem and the ECM craps I have to pay for the next ECM and related parts until problem resolved.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: As far as I can tell the car runs great and fuel milage is the same as when I bought car with 40,000 mi.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Nissan Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't know enough to ask anymore.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Chris(aka-Moose) replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. My suggestion is to install an OEM refurbished ECM that is correct for your vehicle, then do the testing if there are codes stored. I believe your ECM is storing false codes from it not being compatible with the sensors on your vehicle. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. Because the rating at the top of your screen was not selected. If so please do reply.4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris