Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Maxima: I've got a 02 maxima SE w/ 6 speed manual trans. Something

Customer Question
I've got a 02 maxima...
I've got a 02 maxima SE w/ 6 speed manual trans. Something is causing my fuel pump to cut out at random times. Car stalls. After I sit for about 5 - 10 min, i turn the key and hear the pump prime again. Car starts. Drive a few more miles and the same thing. I've changed the fuel pump, the filter, & the fuel pump relay & fuse. Still doing it. Not sure what else to do. Please help
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/6/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. When the car cuts out, does it act like the ignition has been turned off? or it sputters and acts like it runs out of gas? Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on?
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician