Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My 2004 Nissan Titan battery went dead after the key was left…

Customer Question
My 2004 Nissan Titan...

My 2004 Nissan Titan battery went dead after the key was left on for several hours. I used my battery charger on the 200 amp boost setting to start the vehicle.

Mechanic's Assistant: There are so many things that can cause battery issues. Some simple, some complicated. The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Will the car start?

When I turned the key to start the truck a little bit of smoke came out of the vent above the 4x4 selector switch. the truck started and runs fine but now the vdc, abs and 4x4 lights stay on.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is the battery? Got it. The mechanic will have thoughts on how you two can troubleshoot and diagnose this issue.

The battery is 4 years old. But shows no signs of weekness when starting.

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/4/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician
hey there, thanks for the question. because the truck is no starting and the warning lights are on. Lets check your fuses first. The little bit of smoke is a good indication something may have shorted out and as a result drew wnough amperage to blow a fuse. If its a multi function fuse it could have effect on the warning lights coming on.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I've checked all the fuses
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Didn't fix it
Which fuses did you check? Did you check the ones in the IPDM as well? Because your symptoms indicate something shorted. Otherwise you will need to SCAN the ABS unit to see which trouble code its triggering. The 4x4 and VDC is part of the ABS system. If you have an ABS fault then both the VDC and 4wd operation will be effected which is why the lights usually come on together.
Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician