Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Altima: Any body have same type of problem. I just cleaned

Customer Question

Any body have same type of problem. I just cleaned out MAF sensor because of sputtering and stalling out. This happened directly after I had oil changed at Nissan Service station. Now, after using some CRC MAF cleaner the sputtering and stalling is gone, yet now the idle runs high around 2000 rpms and when I engage the gas and let it back on it is an aggressive surge or aggressive deceleration
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. Most common thing is if you have a After Market air filter, they checked it when you had a oil change done. When checking it, a piece of dirt gets caught on the MAF sensor element. That is when MAF sensor cleaner works best. So now that you have a high idle, I would disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins to do a hard reset on the car and see if that corrects it. Other wise, the next step if the have what they call a Idle Relearn done. This would calibrate the base idle using a scanner since that is how it's controlled. that is what I would suggest you try, and what to do if that doesn't work. Do you have any more questions on this?