Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Rogue: My Nissan Rogue has not started days. I have

Customer Question
My Nissan Rogue has not...
My Nissan Rogue has not started for two days. I have replaced both batteries in the keyless entry. I received key id incorrect yesterday as a message. I also put my keyless entry key up against the sensor as previously recommended online. My car did not start. However the needle of the speedometer kept raising until it reached 60 mph. Today the security indicator light comes on when I push the keyless entry against the sensor. I live 225 miles away from the nearest dealership and I am working 6 days a week as a teacher and coach. I also suffer from anaphylaxis that strikes at any time so I need a reliable vehicle. My cell phone is *** *** ****. My email is ******************************. Thank you for your help. I appreciate it!
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
4/2/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question What year Rouge is this? Also please do not provide any personal information in this question. If you would like to speak with me, we could use the Premium Service. But let me know what year this Rouge is?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2014
I have seen a few things with this issue. I have seen the Remote batteries get a dimple in there contact, so just changing the remote battery to a Energizer battery would resolve it. The other is the Body Control Module. Which would be something it would have to go to the dealer for. So what I would suggest you do is try changing the Remote battery first and see if that helps. Other wise, it would need to go to the dealer for the updated BCM . Do you have any more questions on this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can I have any mechanic work on this? My only day off is Sunday and you can't take vacation days when you are coaching. The closest dealerships are 225 miles from here- Billings, Mt, Rapid City, Sd and Bismarck,Nd. This car has barely more than 30,000 miles on it. Since the Fargo dealership said this was under warranty, they thought someone should have to come and work on this car onsite or tow it to a dealership while providing a loaner vehicle. How would I contact Nissan regarding this? Thanks!
The Basic warranty is 3 years or 36k miles. I would start with replacing the remote batteries and see if that helps. Now if it comes down to the car needing a BCM, it would cost you more than a days pay to replace it. The part has to be programmed all the keys get programmed, all the tire pressure sensors and so on. It's a fairly big job. It's not something a normal repair shop can do cause they don't have the equipment. I would see if there is a way you can do a night drop on a Saturday or something if it needs to go to the dealer and see if they can leave you a loaner or rental car from the sales area since Sales is open longer than service. But if it's a BCM issue, you are going to want to work on getting it to a dealer. You would contact your local Dealer to talk to them about the issue and work out the transportation issue with them.
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician