Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

Maxima: The connector door panel wiring came loose

Customer Question
The connector for my door...
The connector for my door panel wiring came loose I don't know whichI wire goes where can you help me
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/1/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question. You need the wire layout for your master window switch? Is that right?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There is a picture of it
Go figure, I have 2002 through 2005 Maxima but not 2001 made. I will make you the diagram to help you. In the mean time, I am going to show you one I had already made to show you what it is going to look like.. Ok? It will take me about 20 mins to make.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok
This is one I made for a 04 Murano. Just so you have a idea what the one I am going to make you looks like. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/04%20Murano%20Window%20Switch%20Harness%20Layout.jpg Starting to work on it now.. Give me a few please..
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok kool
almost done.. Can you read the example one I gave you so you know what yours will look like?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/2001%20Maxima%20Window%20switch%20layout.jpg That is the window switch layout that I made for you. Let me know if you have any more questions on this. If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me so I can get credit for my work. Thanks Jay!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes I can read it is the illum wire the wire for the dashboard lights
Yes, when you turn the lights on, that is the wire that lights up the switch
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That was my main problem I wasI having the dash light come on during the daytime but will notwork at night because I jane that auto cut on with my lights
Did you check your dimmer switch for that? Did the dash lights work with that wire out of the switch?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I.didnt check that but the dinner switch was my next thing
If you have any more questions on this topic, please feel free to ask. If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service. Thanks Jay!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Is the dimmer switch easy to install
Yes it is. I just pops out and snaps back in.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Whats the difference between the dimmer switch and the multifunction.switch
Multi function switch? What switch is that? I have never heard of that type of switch on this car. You have the combination switch which are the switches off the steering column for the wipers and lights. The dimmer switch is a small switch to set the brightness of the dash lights. If you have a After Market Radio installed, you may want to make sure the Illumination wires are not used and capped off. Thanks Jay!
Are you satisfied with my help on this?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes I took it to a shop and they wanted to charge me 500 dollars for aI dimmer switch and a multifunction switch
I didn't know you had a dash light issue. Your question was originally just for the window switch wire layout which I provided. Please Rate me if you are Satisfied with my help so I can get credit for my work. Thank Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician