Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 04 sentra 1.8l and a yr it's been hard to start

Customer Question
I have a 04 sentra...
I have a 04 sentra 1.8l and for bout a yr it's been hard to start sometimes it does sometimes it don't. Once started it runs great except low idle. I geT no code . I got o2 sensor once and random misfire once. Brought it to 2 mechanics no luck
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/31/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Does it only give you a hard time starting after it's been sitting for a period of time? Also, does it run ruff for a few seconds then clear up after you do get it running?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Does not matter how long it goes without starting, n idle doesn't get better. I went a month without starting it ,towed to a mechanic towed it back home got in it started first crank. Ran it for a couple hrs dies out at stop light won't restart

Oh, I thought this was a Starting issue. It has a ruff idle as well? and it stalls? Does it stall when coming to a stop? or at any time?

Does it run right now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If it starts it run fine usually u kill the battery before it starts. Like 20 to 30 cranks. Then u have give it gas in park r it will die when fan comes on

Did you ever have a Cam Sensor or Crank Sensor replaced?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Once started I would drive it anywhere as long u don't get to a stop light. Bout 4 months ago drove it for 16 hr straight at 85 no problems.

So it does stall when coming to a stop? Is that right?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Crank twice but it wasn't the problem
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It does

Did you ever have a code for it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Random misfire once months ago, o2 sensor

What brand spark plugs do you have in the engine?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure , but runs fine once started, idle is smooth just very low

How many miles on the car?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
170,000 give r take

Has the throttle chamber ever been cleaned and a Idle Relearn done?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Took it off n cleaned it ,wasn't even that dirty, can't relearn it cause it doesn't start

The car not start now?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Killed the battery

Oh. When you cleaned the Throttle Chamber, what did you clean it with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Carb cleaner
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Throttle body cleaner

These are electronic throttle chambers. You can't clean them with carb cleaner as it could damage them.

Plus every time you clean the throttle chamber you have to do a Idle relearn. So if it is a idle issue you are having, I would try to perform a Idle Relearn on the car and see if that helps.

As for the Crank Sensors, if you never had a code for the Crank sensor, do you still have the original one?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It was throttle body cleaner n did it twice n same problems I'm waiting on a jump now to relearn it again.

Throttle Chamber Cleaner is just as harsh on these electronic throttle chambers. You normally have to clean them with MAF sensor cleaner or any other type of spray type of electrical cleaner.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
After the first time I cleaned it it ran the same, nothing changed

This would be much easier to help you if I can speak with you about your issue.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do I have to pay 26 plus 20 that's kinda expensive for a phone call

It is cheaper than having a mechanic look at it. I am sure if I was able to speak with you I can give you direction on what needs to be done.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
U call me r I call u

I would contact you if you accept the Premium Service Request. Do not add your number in this question. Once you accept the premium service, there will be a spot to enter you number.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician