Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

I have a 2008 Nissan Ultima. Neither charger port is working

Customer Question
but both fuses are good JA...
I have a 2008 Nissan Ultima. Neither charger port is working but both fuses are good
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: What more info can I provide?
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have checked both fuses
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: No. All other electrical system seem to be working just fine. It's just the two power ports
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
OK, so I have paid for a full subscription and am waiting for an answer
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Oh yeah, and my phone is about to go dead because my charging ports don't work
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I had been in a live chat and was told I would be directly connected with a mechanic. It has been 10 minutes and I have paid for a full subscription. When can I expect help?
3/29/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Sorry for the delay. This question just showed up on my screen now.

Is it just the power sockets that are not working? Do you have a test light?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct. It is only the power sockets that are not working. I'm not sure what you mean by a test light, though I don't think so
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you for responding

Ok, There are two fuses I would like you to check.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/1.jpg

These fuses are located on the inside fuse box. If you find one blown, you have spare fuses in your fuse box that you can use if you have not already used them

Check that for me and let me know what you find

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both fuses are good

What are you plugging into the power socket that is making you think it's not working?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
3 to 4 different charging cables. Nothing works
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both suddenly stopped working at the same time about a week ago

We will need a test light to check the fuses to see if they are getting power, and then use the test light at the power socket.

How did you check the fuse? Removed it and inspected it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I removed and inspected both 15 amp fuses

Can you try this for me. Take your spare 15 amp fuse and try it in on of the fuse locations I gave you. Your car has 2 power sockets. Each one has it's own fuse. Just to be sure that the fuse is not the issue, I would simply like to try a known good fuse in one of the sockets.

Can you do that for me?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did that before I tried this service

I have seen socket chargers that if you press them in to hard it blows the fuse. Those type of chargers if you can press the tip of it in to be flush with the plastic housing are known to blow fuses.

This is a very basic circuit. Power sockets don't fail. If shorted the fuse blows. Do you think you can pick up some spare 15 amp fuses and get a test light to do some checks?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I think so. This phone is about to die so I will have to continue this chat/troubleshooting session later. How can I do so?

To do that, simply log back into JustAnswer.com and go to My Questions. You can find this question there.

Your user name and password ***** have been emailed to you.

I will be online till late tonight. So I will keep this question open till you return. Sound good?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Awesome. Thank you so much

Your welcome

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician