Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My 2008 Nissan Sentra trunk won't latch shut-----just bought

Customer Question
Hello Pearl,...
Hello Pearl, My 2008 Nissan Sentra trunk won't latch shut-----just bought it...Frank
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just purchased car, and the trunk won't latch down
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing-----just brought it home----thinking it is the latch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: nothing except I think it may need a fuse----radio doesn't work
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
3/26/2016
Nissan Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago
mike switzer

hello how is it going. so if i can get more info on how the latch isnt working so i can help you more.

does your sentra have an electronic trunk release or a manual lever on the floor?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Radio doesn't work either-----could it be a bad fuse?
Nissan Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago

yes it could be sounds like the room fuse. ill see if i can pull up a diagram for that

Nissan Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago

as i expected you have a manual cable release for the trunk. so the two are un releated. if you could take a picture of the trunk latch on the vehicle while the trunk it open it sounds like it may be stuck closed so it wont catch the latch on the trunk door.

Nissan Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago

as for the radio there are two different fuses that would control it. on is in the under hood fuse block it is fuse number 31 and it is a 20a fuse the other fuse is located in the fuse box inside the car. it is fuse number 6 and is a 10a fuse.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Mike,
Like I said it's a 2008 Sentra----it's equipped with key less start----the battery is dead in key fob, so have to start with the key, and power door locks, and trunk release doesn't work either, nor does the radio-----Please reply--Thanks Frank
Nissan Mechanic: mike switzer,
 replied 1 year ago

im sorry i never got an answer back on wether or not you have a manual or electric trunk release inside the vehicle. i did not know about the key fob situation as it was not mentioned in the beginning. that vehicle if i recall correctly the key fob goes into a slot in the dash and has a push start. can you confirm this or is it a standard turn key.

Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

To open the trunk if the key does not work, lower the back seat and pull the emergency release on the top of the trunk lid. Once you have the trunk open, check the valet switch to see if that was bumped by mistake which is not allowing the trunk release to operate. Here is where it is located.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Trunk%20Valet.jpg

Let me know if you have any more questions on this.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician