Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

My vdc and slip lights came on, the engine starts but i 't

Customer Question
hi, my vdc and slip...
hi, my vdc and slip lights came on, the engine starts but i don't feel power
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: like i said, started the engine then the vdc and slip lights came on, the engine idles correctly but when i press the accelerator the engine does not rev up.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: i was hoping to know what the cause of this is
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: i had the radiator changed a few days ago
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/22/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What year and Model Nissan is this?

Also do these warning light all come on as soon as you start the car? or do they come on as you start to drive?

Is there a Service Engine Soon light on also?

Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My frontier is a 2006 NISMO edition, 4x4 6 cyl and the lights come on as soon as I start the engine.
The service engine soon light has been on for nearly 8 years now and I have had no issue with the truck since I purchased it.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
also yesterday the slip and vdc lights came on, i turned the engine off and restarted and the lights turned off.

Well, ignoring the Service Engine Soon light is never advised for as long as you stated. Ignoring it you would never know if you have any new issues developing. So the first thing you are going to need to is scan the truck to see what codes you have in the Engine System to see if any are related to the ABS system. The VDC and Slip Light are part of the ABS system. If those lights are coming on as soon as you start the truck, that means there is a hard code stored in the ABS system which would require a more advanced level scanner to read. But I would see if you can get the truck to your local Auto Zone and have them do a free scan for you to see what codes you have in your Engine System to see if any of those codes relate to anything in the ABS system.

Example. You can have a Bad Cam Sensor issue. The Cam Sensor will produce a Engine Speed Signal Code and can cause those warning lights to come on.

Before you do that, let me ask you one question. When you turn the key to the ON position, does the engine cooling fan come on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately my truck is not in the USA but rather in Egypt. I am currently on an overseas job. I took the truck when the SES light came on but they could not find the fault instead they advised it could be the quality of the petrol. I thus cant take it to Auto zone for a free scan but I do own a ODBII scanner that i ran and it gave me few faults however when I disconnected teh battery for a few minutes and started again the lights went off and I have power again.

Oh.. I did not see that you are asking this question from Egypt. If disconnecting the battery reset it. Hopefully that is all that is needed. But I would keep that OBD2 code reader handy and get codes and recheck them every once and a while to see if any new codes pop up.

Anything else I can do for you?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician