Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician
Experience:  Nissan factory trained and Certified Subaru Technician.
2921078

2004 350 Z. TURNED OVER SLOWLY THIS MORN...POSITIVE POST

Customer Question

2004 350 Z. TURNED OVER SLOWLY THIS MORN...POSITIVE POST LOOSE WITH BAT ACID EVERYWHERE PUT NEW BATTERY IN....CAR JUST CLICKS ONCE...WHEN KEY TURNED....?????????
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.

HI there,

This normally indicates a problem with the starter motor and not the battery. I do understand the slow cranking and with the corrosion it would seem like the battery is the problem. However if you get just the single click it's usually the starter. If you cleaned up the cable when you installed the new battery, then I would try to jump start the car. If it starts, have the new battery tested for charge. It might be low if it sat on the shelf a long time. If you still get the single click, then I would replace the starter.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!