Nissan

Nissan Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Nissan

2003 e, 350z 2, 2003, Broken cable door handle. How to

Customer Question
2003 e JA: Tell me a...
2003 e
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 350z 2
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: 2003
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: Broken cable for interior door handle. How to replave
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Nissan
3/16/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What is your question about for your 2003 350z?

Let me know..

If you have a broken interior door cable. That is part of the latch assembly. The whole latch assembly would need to be replaced to resolve your issue.

The latch assembly is around 100 bucks. Here is a video on how it's replaced on a Infiniti, which is very simular to yours. Just your outside door handle is a little different and of course your inside trim door panel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvUCEjVkF_0

Do you have any more questions on this?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician