Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

2008 Nissan Altima and air barely blows through vents or

Customer Question

2008 Nissan Altima and air barely blows through vents or defroster. Blower is blowing hard. Air is cold or hot depending on temp setting. thanks for any help.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: 2008 Nissan Altima and air barely blows through vents or defroster. Blower is blowing hard. Air is cold or hot depending on temp setting. thanks for any help.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes I would like to if possible?
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I did change the cabin filter but nothing else! Hoping to google and get tips where to start.
JA: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?
Customer: Don't think so??
JA: Our top Nissan Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Nissan Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Nissan Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

These type of questions are hard to answer and the direction it normally requires is not a pretty answer.

The first thing I would do is go through all the mode door actuators to make sure they are working. If they are, then what you are dealing with a is a mode door in the air box has become jammed to stuck. These doors have a foam seal that goes around each door to seal it when closed. Some times, not often, the foam comes off and jams the mode door and can cause this. If this is found to be the case, the whole dash needs to be removed. The AC system recovered and Heater core hoses removed and the whole air box would need to be removed and opened up to be repaired.

This is most likely the issue if it started out of the blue.

Do you have any more questions on this?