Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

The sun roof on my 2007 nissan maxima won't fully close.

Customer Question

the sun roof on my 2007 nissan maxima won't fully close. Between pushing the back button multiple times and pushing the window itself along i have gotten it as far forward as it will go. However i can't get it to tilt up to completely close the window. Ideas??
Category: Nissan
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Give this step a try and let me know how you make out.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/JA%20Images/sunroof%20program.jpg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jay thanks for you response. I tried your tip, but it didn't work. The glass moved backwards and stopped. It wouldn't move. I used the down switch and it would move a little. Between the pushing the glass and using the down switch I have it back the way it was (all the way forward but it won't tilt up to fully close it). Any other ideas?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Maybe adding a little bit more will help - when I pushed the up switch there is a clicking sound (kinda like the sound of a turn blinker). When I push the down switch the same sound is heard but not continously. When it stops I can push the top a little bit at a time. Now that it's all the way forward there is no clicking sound that would indicate that the top will tilt up to fully close.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just in case i'm not being clear - as I was pushing the down switch the top did move forward along w/the clicking a little bit at a time.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I stepped out for the evening. Do you want to continue tomorrow morning ? Or would you like me to open this question up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No tomorrow morning's fine. Almost any time is ok w/me. Thanks and have a good night.David
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello David. Sorry for the late start. It was a Late night....

When you are pushing the tilt switch, the roof will move in small stages. You want to do that till the roof is fully closed and then perform the steps I provided.