Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician
Experience:  20+yrs experience with Nissan & Infiniti Trained & Certified.Currently still working for Dealer
10181755

Im getting PO110, PO325,& code PO500, the car stalls or cut

Customer Question

im getting PO110, PO325,& code PO500, the car stalls or cut off all to together.
Category: Nissan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1995 Nissan Altima, car is stalling and cutting off, getting code PO110,PO325,& code PO500,what should i do first, & what is the cost to fix all the codes?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The first code P0110 is for the intake air temp sensor. This sensor sits in the air duct right before the air filter box. This helps the MAF sensor operate based on the intake air temperature readings. This can cause the car to stall.

Another thing that can cause the car to stall is the distributor. If you are fairly handy, remove the distributor cap and rotor. then remove the lower base cover and see if there is any oil present at the bottom of the distributor base. If there is, the distributor would need to be replaced.

The P0325 is a knock sensor code. This code will not cause any type of running issue. It does not even turn on the Check Engine light. This is mounted on the back of the engine block above the oil filer. It's fairly tricky to replace.

The last code P0500 is a Vehicle Speed Sensor code. This is the speed sensor in the transmission for the speedometer. It could intermittently be failing or has failed if the speedometer is not working.

Do you have any questions on this?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!