Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My alarm t the kill switch and my truck won't start what do…

Customer Question
My alarm hit the kill...
My alarm hit the kill switch and my truck won't start what do I need to do. 2002 exttera
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/10/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

do you have a factory or aftermarket alarm?

After market alarm

Have you tried removing or unplugging the alarm control unit?

Likely a black box under the drivers side of the dash?

No. They said the lock part of it is defective and the overload hit the fuel pump kill switch where is that located and how do I turn it back on

There is no way for me to know with an aftermarket alarm, there are tons of aftermarket variants. A factory alarm is a completely different story as I have detailed wiring diagrams and experience with those.

In most cases when a customer has an aftermarket alarm issue and no wiring diagrams to provide us for reference then we will REMOVE the aftermarket alarm to bring it back to factory wiring to fix the issue.

if the aftermarket alarm was for sure using fuel cut at the pump and you were uncomfortable disconnecting, you could bypass the alarm system running a new power wire from the relay to the pump.

Jake
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician