Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My name is ***** *****. y problem is that my wife's Nissan…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****. y problem is that my wife's Nissan altima 05 ran out of oil and before we knew it she tried to crank it. Now after putting oil in it, it turns over but want crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It almost caught once but has not since it just keeps trying

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/8/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

hey there, thanks for the question.

Since the engine ran out of oil, the first thing needed to be done would be a compression check.

If compression numbers are good then we can look into spark/fuel/security issues since the engine is cranking.

being that its an 05 altima that ran out of oil, more than likely this is one that had a previous catalytic convertor failure.

These are known to cause oil consumption which is why it was not noticed until the oil was either extremely low or empty.