Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Car cranks but no start changed fuel pump spark plugs, Car…

Customer Question
Car cranks but no...

Car cranks but no start changed fuel pump spark plugs

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Car lost power idles then stalls finally died wont start only crank

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Maybe depends

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Changef plugs changed fuel pump changed 1 of the coil pack

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?

My fuel pressure is 9psi

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/8/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Gary, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
Gary
Gary, ASE Certified Technician

Hi there,

Can you remove the spark plugs, and crank the engine to see if excess fuel comes out one cylinder?

Fuel pressure of 9psi points to an injector stuck open.

Gary

How do you do that 2008 nissan sentra manifold goes over plugs which is attached to accelorator i think

You have just changed the spark plugs, haven't you?

Just remove them, leave them out, leave coils disconnected, 2nd person crank engine, and view what comes out of which cylinder.

Have seen many injectors stick open, and partly flood engine, misfire while running, and also hydraulic engine, bend rods etc.

Gary

Ok ill try

Ok, I'll wait for you.

I wish you some luck for some answers/more info.

Gary

Hi again,

I hope my advice has been of assistance to you.

Regards

Gary