Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

When I start the car, there is a blinking square with "key"

Customer Question
When I start the...

When I start the car, there is a blinking square with "key" inside it.???

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

That's the whole problem. This is a recent problem. This only occurs when I turn the key to start. Thinking it needed batteries, I pulled the tab on the back. Out came a key. But it's meant to start the car, I can's figure out how to insert it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes. I hate the local Nissan dealership, and I live on a very tight budget.

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing, other than finding out that there is a real key inside the key fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?

It is a 2011 model with only 10,000 miles on it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/6/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech replied 2 years ago
Clifton B.
Clifton B., ASE Master Auto Tech

hi what year and model is you car ?

i see the year but no model

also what color is the light ?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician