Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

1999 infiniti I30 car runs until motor get warmed up to

Customer Question
operate then shuts off. Then...
1999 infiniti I30 car runs until motor get warmed up to operate then shuts off. Then will not crank until it's cool why
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/6/2016
Nissan Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 2 years ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

Several possibilities such as an overheated CRANK sensor, ignition module, computer or fuel pump. All of these can be tested with a heat gun, fuel pressure gauge, scan tool and lab scope depending on which component you're testing. It would be best to diagnose which of these is the problem, rather than replacing a lot of expensive parts.

Thanks, Ron

I changed crankshaft sensor, fuel pump..already

Great, just a few things left to test then. Did you test them before replacing them? were the bad? this testing I recommended is critical.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on.