Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I bought 02 altima it's been sitting couple months, my

Customer Question
I bought 02 altima...

I bought 02 altima it's been sitting for a couple months, my brother told me it just shut down had it towed. I changed the cam sensor battery was dead so I bought a new one, now nothing going works right. The wipers turn on when I hit the defrost button and no mileage shows

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I'm baffled never ran into a problem like this.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?

Nope just changed the cam sensor and still doesn't run.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/5/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Did you have a code for a cam sensor and that is why you replaced it?

Also, where did you buy the sensor?

No code read up on line nothing electrical working right the wipers come on with the defrost button, no mileage reading or radio working everything is haywire.

When you turn the key to the ON position, does the radiator fan come on?