Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Okay about 2 weeks ago my radio sat nav when dead but will…

Customer Question
Okay about 2 weeks...

Okay about 2 weeks ago my radio sat nav when dead but will periodically come back on then souls like they are grounding out.

Mechanic's Assistant: No, I use streaming services like Pandora.

What

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

Okay on top of the deck my battery is dieing every night if I leave the ground connected. I have pulled every fuse but I can't track down then .07 ma drain

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

If I can

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?

No no if I can sort this electric issue out I'll be fine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/5/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you are doing the draw test, are you waiting 30 mins for the BCM to go to sleep to help isolate the draw?

If you have pulled all fuses inside, and all fuses under the hood and in the IPDM. Then I would disconnect the meter and while the battery is disconnected, remove the 12 mm nut for the Alternator and pull that cable off. Then re-hook up the meter and recheck. If you still have a draw, then I would disconnect the cable to the starter from the Fusible link and recheck that.

You could have a Alternator or starter causing the draw.

Do you have any more questions on this?