Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 200 Nissan maxima will crank and idle few seconds but…

Customer Question
My 200 Nissan maxima...

My 200 Nissan maxima will crank and idle for a few seconds but dies particularly upon acceleration. it has many new parts(coil pacs, fuel filter, injectors) and I was told it was probably cam shaft position sensor but that still didn't fix it. any suggestions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes ma'am

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I read one review that stated that cleaning the MAF(with choke cleaner) fixed someones problem

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Nissan Mechanic should be aware of about your Nissan?

Its bought used for 400$ because previous owner got tired of replacing parts to no avail

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/4/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Hi there,

What year is the car? It only came up as 200?