Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The car want start and I have the key with. I have to put it…

Customer Question
The car want start...

The car want start and I have the key with. I have to put it reverse and back into park and it will start

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The brake get hard to push when it want start and all of lights in dash board comes on, like brakes, check engine soon, oil, key

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Putting the key in the port hold while I am driving, check battery

Mechanic's Assistant: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Nissan Mechanic will know what to do. Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?

No, I think that is all

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/4/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jake, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jake
Jake, Nissan Technician

Hey there, thanks for the question.

What model is this and what year? I assume it is an intelligent key version since you mentioned the port?

Push button start

Thanks, ***** ***** intelligent key.

what model? Altima? what?

2008

I just wanted to know the model not the year.

anyways i will just proceed since I know its an I-key. There mostly identical on all models.

No

When you press the START button and the car does not start, what happens?

Does it go to ACC mode? Does it do nothing? does the no key icon light up?

no what?

I am having trouble understanding your responses?

No,just tex me

text your cell phone?

No, cancel the whole thing

ok...