Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I'm having the same problem with my nissan quest. My battery…

Customer Question
Hello, I'm having the same...
Hello, I'm having the same problem with my nissan quest. My battery went dead I got a jump now when I try to start the car my alarm keep sounding. What do I do.im going to try these instructionns.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/3/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Are any lights flashing when the alarm is going off? If so, which ones?

the front lights and back lights

Thank you. That is a indication of a After Market Alarm. If it was the factory alarm, the head lights would flash only.

So now we need to locate the After Market Alarm Control unit and unplug it's one main connector. Normally the after market alarm control unit is located under the drivers side dash area. It looks like this and this is the plug you want to unplug.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/After%20market%20Alarm%20control%20unit%20Unplugged%202.jpg

Give that a try and let me know how you make out.

I don't see it but I do see some cords like that but no box

If you see cords, just follow them. They will lead you to the control unit. Some times they tuck it up there pretty good.

OK I'm looking

ok

I couldn't find that but it was a switch near the front so it's working thanks

If it had a toggle switch.. and that turned it off. Perfect!

Your welcome and thank you for using JustAnswer.com

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!

Did you have any more questions on this?