Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have replaced the fuel pump and am looking fuel pump relay…

Customer Question
I have replaced the...

I have replaced the fuel pump and am looking for the fuel pump relay to reset on my 2007 pathfinder

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Replaced fuel pump due to code of high voltage for fuel pressure sensor. the digital DTE was inoperative so i replaced the entire assembly

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/2/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

You said you had a code? What code did you have?

High amp fuel pressure sensor

Do you have the number?

It didn't run before you did the fuel pump assembly?

It did run. The digital display quit working, and I know Nissan has chronic problems with the arm Assy that the float connects to.

If the digital display stopped working, that sounds more like a Gauge issue, which could have set that code as well.

Does the truck start after replacing the sender assembly? Do you happen to have the code number you had? do you have any new code numbers?

I cannot get the vehicle to start now that we have replaced the fuel pump. I do not have the code right now. I was hoping you could tell me if the fuel pressure switch is located so we can see if it needs reset.

That is Fords that have that switch. Nissan's do not. You will need to turn it over a while to build up fuel pressure and prime the line. How long did you try to start the car?

No I have no power going to the pump. Is there anything I need to reset? The car ran fine until I replaced the pump

Did you check the fuel pump fuse in the IPDM?

I did check the fuse

Did you check the fuse with a test light?

How did you check power at the fuel pump to determine you weren't getting power?

Test light shows power at the fuse, none at the pump

You do know the pump only gets power while the engine is being turned over right?

Checked it with a test light while cranking over and no power

The fuel pump fuse had power on both sides of the fuse?

Then we need to check power coming out of the IPDM.

Do you have a volt meter?

I just found something.. When you turn the key to the ON position.. is the engine fan on?

fan does not come on with key in on position

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105565483/Pages%20from%20PGa.pdf

That is the IPDM. We need to see if pin 13 has power when the engine is turning over.

Power to pin 13

Then you need to ohm the Red wire from the pump to the IPDM. There has to be a problem with that wire if you have power at the IPDM and not the pump.

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician