Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

LaShawn. My 2013 Nissan Altima won't start. It hasn't been…

Customer Question
LaShawn. My 2013 Nissan...

LaShawn. My 2013 Nissan Altima won't start.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

It hasn't been driven for a few days but was turn on two day ago and was fine. I went to start it yesterday it it wouldn't start. It make revving noise and the lights would come but then it would stop and the power would still be on.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
3/2/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is it more like a rapid clicking noise when you try to start it?

Not really. It sound like its crank to start but then stops

Do you feel the engine is not turning over long enough to start?

No it usually starts instantly. So I don't think that is the problem

Try this.. Press the gas pedal all the way, and press and hold the start button. The engine will continuely turn over as long as you are holding the start button. Try holding it for about 10 seconds and see if the engine wants to start.. If it starts to start, release the throttle and see if it will start.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out

That didn't work. I notice that the number under my miles is now 0. And my gas mile is just dash even though I got a full tank 4 days ago
Sorry I was at work so I couldn't do it
my brake pedal is also hard to press and it's not normally like that

It is normal for the pedal to get hard after pressed a couple times when the car is off.

What does the gas gauge read when the key is in the ON position?

The mile till empty has a bunch of dashes. The Meter is a little under a full tank

Do you recall having a Service Engine Soon light on when it was last running?

No
It makes a clicking sound now

AHH,, That sound like a weak battery. Did you try jump starting the car?

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician