Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I rebuilt the transmission on my sons 2005 Nissan Altima…

Customer Question
I rebuilt the transmission on...
I rebuilt the transmission on my sons 2005 Nissan Altima with the four speed auto now it wont shift into reverse. I now have all forward gears but no reverse.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/29/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased.

Below is a list of things to blame in a file.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/90220402/noreverse.png

The most common reasons would be the reverse brake assembled wrong or damaged or the shift linkage adjusted incorrect.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

If your confused on why or how to rate me, let me know.

I'm only paid from the deposit you've made when you rate 3,4, or 5 stars.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed before or after rating.

I don't think it is the linkage. When I put the shifter in reverse, You can feel it engage but it won't pull.

In reverse with throttle applied does it bog down or rev freely and high?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris

Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose)
Chris(aka-Moose), Nissan Technician