Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2005 infinity g35 automatic. there was some buzzing…

Customer Question
hello I have a 2005...
hello I have a 2005 infinity g35 automatic. there was some buzzing coming from under my hood on the drivers side behind the brake fluid cannister. my battery was completely dead and i cannot unlock the door with the key.I put a new battery in my key fob just in case. How do I get into the car and what is the component that was buzzing and killed my battery. Thanks Carter
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/28/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The mechanical key is how you would get into the car if the battery is dead. The buzzing noise is most likely from the ABS actuator. I would charge up the battery and reconnect it and see if the buzzing stops. It could be simply acting up due to low battery voltage. If it still buzzes after the battery is charged, it will need to be replaced.

Do you have any more questions on this?