Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Slip light came on speedometer quit working all of a sudden.

Customer Question
Slip light came on...

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

It is a Nissan frontier 2008 4x4. Just driving down the highway and the light came on (slip) and the speedometer stopped working. The truck runs fine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes, if possible

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing. Didn't know the severity of it

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?

Not at this time

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/28/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The speedometer uses all the ABS sensors to determine vehicle speed and for the speedometer to operate. The Slip light is part of the ABS system.

Do you have a Volt Meter? I would like to check one thing with you. Other wise, we may need a scanner to communicate with the ABS system to see what is going on.

Let me know..

but I don't know where it is.

I can wait and hold this question open while you look for it.