Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 05 Nissan frontier 4.0 wires and connector to

Customer Question
I have a 05 Nissan...
I have a 05 Nissan frontier 4.0 wires and connector burnt to crankshaft sensor. Im trying to re wire it. I cant aee the wire color. But with a meter one has 12 volts on has around 20 volts and one ohms out so im guessing is a ground... Can you tell ne which wire goes to which prong on the sensor? Big tip awaiting you :)
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
2/27/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Mike V., Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Nissan Technician

Hello again,

pin 1 is your 12 volt pin.

pin 3 is the ground wire. This will have continuity to ground.

The final wire is your signal wire. I am not sure where you are getting 20 volts on a 12 volt system, but the last wire is the signal wire and would be the center wire.

I ment 10 volts.. I figured the lower voltage was the signal wire

Yes, hopefully this info will help you out, but let me know if there is more I can try to do from here. Also, don't be afraid to open the harness and get the wire colors.