Nissan

Nissan repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2006 murano starts and run. Shut it off and try to start it…

Customer Question
2006 murano starts and...

2006 murano starts and run. Shut it off and try to start it again, only turns over. Fuel pressure is good

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

New crank and cam sensor also

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Nissan
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/27/2016
Nissan Mechanic: Jay, Nissan Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Nissan Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The Crank and Cam Sensors that are new, where did you buy them?

Did you have a code for the cam sensors? is that why they were replaced? Do you have the old sensors still?

O riellys, car runs good and idle very well. After it warms up for abot 15/30 wontstart but will turn over

Do you have old sensors? Did you have a code for the Cam Sensor or something?

No old sensors. Only saw one code for cam bank 2.. it never came back

Darn! Ok.. Well here is the thing. When you buy after market sensors, they never work right. They normally will cause no start issue with no codes, or can cause stalling. They also normally end up costing you more money in diagnostics and un-needed parts.

You are going to need to replace all the Cam and Crank Sensors with factory sensors to resolve your issue.

Do you have any more questions on this?